Saturday, September 15, 2012

Squeez Bacon from Think Geek

The choice to try my hand at making some of my own specialty products is two-fold.  First and foremost, I think it's really fun to make stuff that other people wouldn't think twice of purchasing in the store.  The second goal was to make better quality food by eliminating some of the preservatives and chemicals often found in commercial processed food.  So far so good, I keep learning and growing in my craft.  

That said, sometimes a product comes along that makes you just throw your hands in the air and say, "Fuck it!  How am I ever going to compete with that?!?  It's frickin' genius!  I have just found the next Nobel laureate!"  On the other hand, I'm a little horrified.  It's like Cheez-Whiz, you gotta draw a line don't you?!?!  




Well, I think I'm gonna have to give this stuff a shot and report back.....that is, if it doesn't kill me first.  If you'd like to play along with my version of Bacon Roulette you can order your very own bottle of crazyness at Think Geek.

If instead you want to make your own version of Squeez Bacon Instructables has produced some instructions which you can find here.

And the good folks over at Serious Eats which is a fantastic site about all things food seems to have scooped me and done their own review.  I promise not to read theirs so as not to cause undue influence of any kind.

Update:  I was just informed by a friend that Squeez Bacon is in fact not a real product.  Talk about being left standing on the doorstep on prom night.  And, as it turns out that the Swedish voice-over may in fact be reciting the lyrics to Rick Astley.  So not only have I been left wanting but Rick-rolled on top of that.  Heart-ache...

So I guess I skip step one and move directly onto step 2, trying to make my own.  Anyone interesting in sampling this delightful treat when completed.  I make no guarantees of personal safety or longevity.  Just sayin'.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment